CEDARVILLE, Ohio – The Walsh Cavaliers women's track and field team kicked off the outdoor season at the Raleigh Relays for Day 2 and the Cedarville Yellow Jacket Open.
At the Raleigh Relays at NC State, the 4x800 relay team of Andra Lehotay, Bre Bakan, Megan Soehnlen and Alexa Leppelmeier finished sixth overall. As a team, they ran a 9:07.93, the second fastest time in school history.
With the rest of the team at Cedarville, the team finished second of 14 teams with 153 points.
Here are some of the top six performances from the Cavaliers at Cedarville.
- Emily Joyce: 2nd in the 200 meter dash (27.79)
- Cassidi Bookless: 6th in the 400 meter dash (1:02.57)
- Sophie Wentling: 6th in the 800 meter run (2:29.01)
- Tori Reeves: 1st in 1500 meter run (4:48.43)
- Katelyn Luther: 2nd in 5000 meter run (18:19.54)
- Alyssa Viscounte: 3rd in 5000 meter run (18:39.27)
- Caitlyn Hadley: 5th in 5000 meter run (18:45.21)
- Hannah Soehnlen: 6th in 5000 meter run (18:49.75)
- Alexandra Rodgers: 3rd in 110 meter hurdles (15.65) and 1st in the javelin throw (46.28 meters)
- Raquel Jones: 4th in 400 meter hurdles (1:12.42)
- Macy Lynch: 1st in 3000 meter steeplechase (11:53.92)
- 4x100 relay (Rachael Kotoch, Morgan Fisher, Joyce and Juanita Gray): 3rd with a time of 50.97
- 4x400 relay (Bookless, Joyce, Clarise Culhane, and Jones): 2nd with a time of 4:21.87
- Christine Fiegl: 2nd in triple jump (10.00 meters)
- Morrisa Mallory: 2nd in shot put (13.07 meters) and 4th in discus (35.96 meters)
- Ndidiamaka Anaraodo: 6th in shot put (12.20 meters)
- Mariah Porter: 5th in discus (35.84 meters)
- Malia Turley: 1st in hammer throw (46.26 meters)
- Annie Fahey: 4th in hammer throw (41.20 meters)
- Mikaela Miller: 5th in hammer throw (41.12 meters)
- Payton Breehl: 6th in hammer throw (40.00 meters)
The team will compete at Mount Union on Friday (April 5) and Saturday (April 6).