NORTH CANTON, Ohio – The Walsh women's basketball team will wrap up their short two game road swing with a matchup against the Storm of Lake Erie College on Saturday (Jan. 19) morning. The game is scheduled for 11:00 AM, due to inclement weather in Northeast Ohio.
Live Stats: http://www.athletics.walsh.edu/sports/wbkb/2018-19/boxscores/20190119_015k.xml
Live Video/Audio: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/lakeerie/
Game Notes: Click here
Walsh and Lake Erie have met on the hardwood 28 times since the Walsh women's basketball program was established in the 1979-80 seasons. Walsh leads the series 23-5 with the Cavaliers winning the last three and ten of the last twelve. The Cavs won 86-58 and 69-42 over the Storm last season.
- The Cavaliers are the third team in the conference to reach 12 overall wins with a 72-56 win over Ursuline on Thursday (Jan. 17) on the road.
- Walsh overcame a first quarter where they shot 27% (6-22) with a second half run. The Cavaliers had runs of 10-0, 7-0 and 9-0 throughout the third and fourth quarters against the Arrows.
- Quionche Carter led the Cavaliers with 16 points, including seven of them in the fourth quarter. She added eight rebounds and four assists. She leads the team and the G-MAC with 304 total points but is second in the conference with 19.0 points per game. With scoring 19 points a game, Carter is shooting 51% (106-208) from the floor, the second highest percentage in the G-MAC. Over the course of the season, Carter has made 77.2% (88-114) of her free throws. She is ninth in the conference in percentage, tied for first in made free throws and is seventh in all of D2. On the rebounding side, she leads the team and is eighth in the conference with 6.4 rebounds a contest.
- Lexie Scarton added 11 points, her eighth double-digit scoring game in her young career. She averages 9.3 points per game. She has 26 made three pointers, the second most on the team and is tied for tenth in the G-MAC with 1.6 made per game. Her field goal percentage from the floor is 42.1% and 44.1% from three.
- Jill Blacksten gave the Cavaliers 11 points and seven rebounds off the bench in the win over Ursuline. She is averaging 9.8 points and 4.8 rebounds per game this season.
- Kimmie Borck went on a second half scoring run as she scored ten points off the bench.
- Brittni Clopton went for ten rebounds and six points off the bench, a season-high for rebounds.
- Mayci Sales had seven rebounds against the Arrows and is averaging 10.2 points per game and 5.8 rebounds. She has 19 blocks, the most in the G-MAC and tied for the most (1.5) per game.
- Walsh is the highest scoring offense in the G-MAC and 16th in DII with 1,278 points and 79.9 per game. The team is shooting 45.1% from the floor, the second best in the league.
- Walsh leads the G-MAC (per game) in rebounding offense (41.0), fourth in blocked shots (3.6) and are second in assists (15.6).
Lake Erie Notes
- The Storm are 8-7 overall and 5-5 so far this season following a 76-46 loss to Malone on Thursday (Jan. 17) night at home. That was the Storm's second worst loss of the 2018-19 season.
- Junior Josie Chaddock is the leading scorer for the Storm as she averages 13.7 points per game, eighth most in the G-MAC. She scored 11 points for the Storm against the Pioneers. Chaddock is a very good passer as she leads the G-MAC and the Storm with 4.3 assists per contest. She is shooting 45.6% from the floor this season. Chaddock is one of the best free throw shooters in the league as she is third with an 83.8 free throw shooting percentage. She is tied for third in the league with 2.1 steals per game and has played the most minutes per game at 36.9.
- Farrah Benner, a junior along with Chaddock, is second on the Storm with 11.9 points per game with 178 points total. Benner is dangerous from beyond the arc as she is shooting 40% from downtown, fifth best in the G-MAC and third with 2.8 three pointers per game.
- Breanna Bauer is third on the team with 9.3 points per game and has the second most rebounds per game with 4.6. She ranks eighth with 31.0 minutes played per game.
- Ashley West is the leading rebounder with 81 total rebounds and 5.4 per game.
- The Storm have scored 936 points this season, an average of 62.4 per game, ranked tenth in the G-MAC. They have allowed 1026 points, an average of 68.4 per game, tied for ninth in the conference.
- Lake Erie is shooting 41.8% from the floor, and 33.5% from three which is fifth best in the conference. They shoot 67.4% from the free throw stripe, 12th in the conference.
- The Green and White are ninth in the conference with 38.5 rebounds per game.
G-MAC Schedule (1/18-1/19)
- Alderson Broaddus @ Tiffin (Friday)
- Davis & Elkins @ Cedarville
- Malone @ Ursuline
- Walsh @ Lake Erie
- Trevecca Nazarene @ Ohio Dominican
- Kentucky Wesleyan @ Ohio Valley
- Hillsdale @ Findlay
The Cavaliers will return to Alumni Arena for a matchup with Alderson Broaddus on Thursday (Jan. 24) evening.