CEDARVILLE, Ohio – The Walsh Cavaliers men's track and field team kicked off the outdoor season at the Raleigh Relays for Day 2 and the Cedarville Yellow Jacket Open.
Meanwhile at Cedarville, the team finished second of 14 teams with 136 points.
Here are some of the top six performances from the Cavaliers at Cedarville.
- Owen Read: 4th in 100 meter dash (11.22) and 5th in 200 meter dash (22.82)
- Michael Contrucci: 6th in 200 meter dash (22.87)
- Jared Bugaj: 2nd in 5000 meter run (15:29.82)
- Beau Boyden: 4th in 5000 meter run (15:37.52)
- Joel Berger: 1st in 110 meter hurdles (15.34)
- Corey Harder: 6th in 110 meter hurdles (16.15)
- Bryce Patrick: 2nd in 3000 meter steeplechase (10:20.67)
- 4x100 relay (Devin Wonner, Contrucci, Jared Sturgell, Read): 3rd with a time of 44.44
- 4x400 relay (Harder, Conner Hluch, Trent Shane, Berger): 2nd with a time of 3:36.45
- Sturgell: 4th in pole vault (3.45 meters)
- Varney Pelima: 1st in triple jump (12.89 meters)
- Wonner: 4th in triple jump (11.27 meters)
- Zane Tolbert: 6th in triple jump (10.62 meters)
- Dante Penza: 3rd in shot put (15.71 meters) and 4th in discus (35.38 meters)
- Jacob Ott: 4th in shot put (15.09 meters) and 1st in discus (39.70 meters)
- Gabriel Miller: 2nd in discus (39.18 meters)
- Bradley Gallitz: 2nd in hammer throw (50.94 meters)
- Caleb Freeman: 4th in javelin throw (40.92 meters)
The team will compete at Mount Union on Friday (April 5) and Saturday (April 6).