GROVE CITY, Pennsylvania - In the second dual of the fall season, the Walsh Cavaliers men's tennis team completed a 9-0 sweep of the Grove City College Wolverines on Tuesday (Sept. 17) afternoon.
All six singles players for the Cavaliers won their singles bouts with losing no more than two games and winning in straight sets.
- #1: Jakob Riglewski def. Karsten Lagerquist 6-0, 6-2
- #2: Clemens Wagner def. Ryne Talko 6-2, 6-0
- #3: Alex Medina def. Andrew Rodenbeck 6-0, 6-0
- #4: Dawson Drummond def. Paul Hodge 6-1, 6-0
- #5: Filipp Kulynych def. Edward Doyle 6-2, 6-0
- #6: Guilherme Carneiro def. Adam Scharnagl 6-0, 6-1
In the three doubles matches, Walsh combined to only drop five games in the win.
- #1: Jakob Riglewski/Alex Medina def. Karsten Lagerquist/Ryne Talko 8-4
- #2: Clemens Wagner/Filip Kulynych def. Paul Hodge/Edward Doyle 8-0
- #3: Dawson Drummond/Gui Carneiro def. Andrew Rodenbeck/Eric Riddle 8-1
Walsh will return to the court next weekend at the Midwest ITA Regional, hosted by Grand Valley State.