NORTH CANTON, Ohio - The Walsh University Student Athlete Advisory Committee and athletic department honored the achievements of the Walsh student-athletes with the 3rd Annual WESPY Awards, held on Tuesday (April 16) at the Barrette Center.
Seventeen different awards were given to twelve different sports throughout the program. Graduating seniors were also honored with their Senior pins for Commencement in two weeks.
Without further ado, here are the winners of the 2018-19 WESPY Awards:
- Female MVP – Andra Lehotay (Women's Cross Country/Track)
- Male MVP – Andrew Czech (Baseball)
- Female Freshman of the Year – Quionche Carter (Women's Basketball)
- Male Freshman of the Year – JT Shumate (Men's Basketball)
- Female International Student-Athlete of the Year – Paola Ferrario (Volleyball)
- Male International SA of the Year – Dwight Van Dyke (Men's Soccer)
- Coaching Staff of the Year – Men and Women's Track and Field
- Team of the Year – Women's Basketball
- Record Breaking Performance of the Year – Women's Soccer
- Upset of the Year – Men's Basketball
- Adversity Award – Brianna Coy (Women's Cross Country/Track)
- Most Supportive Teammate of the Year – Joseph Aleong (Men's Tennis)
- Most Supportive Team of the Year – Softball
- Miss Cavalier – Samantha Paulson (Women's Lacrosse)
- Mr. Cavalier – Jake Selvage (Men's Lacrosse)
- Blooper of the Year – Bryce Ostheimer (Men's Track and Field)
- Moment of the Year – Jessie Rock hits Grand Slam against Tiffin (Softball)
Thank you to all of the student-athletes and SAAC for a great night to celebrate the past year in Walsh athletics.